- A welcome by Superintendent José Banda
- Service Learning 101
- Building the Field from Within: Learning from Local Youth Engagement Practitioners
- Youth Adult Partnerships: Strengthening Service Learning
- Getting Your Ducks in a Row: How to Plan Science Service Learning at your School
- The Teen Outreach Program: Effective Youth Development through Community Service Learning
- Community Development: Following the Lead of Young People
- Service Learning through Social Entrepreneurship in the Classroom & Community
- and MORE!
AND A NEW YOUTH INSTITUTE!
The first-ever Seattle Service Learning Symposium Youth Institute is coordinated by CommonAction, and will address three main questions:
- What is service learning and why do we do it?
- How can I do a great service learning project?
- Can I change the world with service learning?
- Registration on-line at: http://2013slsymposium.brownpapertickets.com
- Registration includes: Morning Goodies & Coffee, Lunch, and Materials
- Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/467024126692752/
- Clock Hours are available; ca. 6 hours at $2 per hour or a maximum of $12.
- Please bring checks made out to Seattle Public Schools.
- Forms will be available at the end of the Symposium.