|Click here for other topics in this series…|
More Than One Way to Engage
There’s nothing that you have to do in order to be engaged. Your existence here is enough. Learning about Personal Engagement is intriguing to some people though.
Yoga, art, science, and poetry are lovely, and a loving way to express your Personal Engagement, but they aren’t the only ways to be engaged. Raising a family, hosting a potluck, and sharing your thoughts are great ways to act engaged with life, but aren’t the only ways to sustain the connections with yourself.
Some people want to enhance, enrich, or otherwise make their own lives different because of their sustained connections to the world within and around themselves. There are a incredible numbers of ways to be personally engaged in your own life. Here are a few.
12 Ways To Be Personally Engaged
- Acknowledge yourself. Start the relationship out right: let yourself know you respect you and are engaged within yourself. When you start seeing yourself you will see there is a life that you’re trying to live. For a while you’ll struggle with that life, and then you’ll accept it. Eventually you’ll rest into the person who you are and know that is person enough.
- Validate yourself. Act personally engaged in the ways you do. Living your life as it presents itself is a gift, a way of being that requires no specific energy. Personally engaging within what already exists without having to do anything more means being with yourself, doing what you do, and knowing that is plenty. You have plenty, you are plenty, right now. Live engaged in this moment, and let the next one reveal itself.
- Look at yourself. Check in with yourself about your own Personal Engagement regularly, not just in times when you’re anxious, stressed, or suffering. Being personally engaged within yourself means consistency, because the essence of engagement is sustained connection.
- Examine yourself. Know as much as you can about your own Personal Engagement. Write, read, draw, sing, build, demolish, scheme, daydream, and know all that you can about what you’re personally engaged in, if you want. You don’t have to dissect or examine what you’re engaged in if you don’t want to, but if you do then hold that, be with it, and see how awesome it is to be engaged in you right now.
- Dig into your self. Ask yourself why you’re engaged in what you are and pay attention to how you respond. We are the only people who can determine whether the ways we’re personally engaged are right or wrong for ourselves. There’s nobody else who can be a meter. That judgment, if you want to make it, comes from within yourself and nowhere else. You may have unpaid bills, misaligned relationships, or a disconnected lifestyle, but whether those things are right for you is only up to you. Listen to what you have to say.
- Expand yourself. Follow up on things you think you should change. We can become engaged with the urge to change as much as the thing we’re actually trying to change. Instead of spinning our wheels on feeling that urge, we should simply get busy changing things.
- Open up yourself. As you go about your regular day, make sure you consider new things to become engaged in. Doors open and close throughout our lives all the time. Sometimes it can behoove us to clear the clutter from our souls, minds, and spaces, and allow newness and freshness into our lives.
- Inquire within you. Ask the people around you about what they’re personally engaged in. Connect with others about what they’re engaged in. Find out what the people around you are passionate and interested in, and hear about those things from them. Experience others’ engagements if they let you. And hold your own personal engagements open to share with others when you want to, too.
- See yourself. Pay attention to chances to communicate your thoughts and feelings about Personal Engagement with others. When people ask what you care about, feel, know, or believe, they’re looking to connect with you about who you are and what you do. Everyone is always looking for Personal Engagement, even if most of us never say that. Pay attention to these opportunities when they present themselves, and open yourself to them when you want to.
- Be with yourself. Assure yourself that you will follow up on Personal Engagement issues. Is there something in your life that you are concerned about? Don’t stuff it or otherwise run from it. Instead, walk towards it and lean into it, and know that you’re taking the right steps towards Personal Engagement right now.
- Release yourself. When problems come up with people around you, honor that they’re personally engaged in their own ways, too. Sometimes, people are engaged in things that are negative or challenging for them. You have a choice about whether you engage with them; however, your job isn’t to change their engagement. That’s their own. Honor their personal engagement and move along.
- Learn about yourself. Make sure you have the information you need to be personally engaged in your own life as often as you can. Be rich in the knowledge that you’re engaged as much as you can be right now. When your sustained connections are supposed to grow, they will. If they can’t, literally, they won’t. We will never give ourselves more than what we’re supposed to have; everything we have we were meant to be with. When we’re not supposed to be with our engagements anymore, we’ll release them. Its that easy.
These are some of the ways you can engage within your life and throughout the world around you. Let me know what you think by responding in the comment section below, and please share these tip sheets with your friends!