CommonAction staff have worked across the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, and Brazil promoting youth engagement, and are available to assist your organization or community through training, tools, and technical assistance. Our flagship program on youth engagement is the Freechild Institute. Founded in October 2001, today nonprofit organizations, community groups, and government agencies work with Freechild to take action focused on a variety of issues related to youth engagement. Our youth engagement learning activities are powerful for adults and young people. They teach important theory while staying grounded in practical considerations. Some of our topics include:
- Advanced Youth Leadership Training. Focused on engaging traditionally dis-engaged youth leaders. Youth and adults learn different ways youth leadership can change the world!
- REAL Youth/Adult Partnerships. Moving adults from seeing children and youth as the passive recipients of adult decisions, this teaches pathways to partnerships between young people and adults.
- Intro to Youth Voice. Youth and adults in this workshop learn how to harness the power of youth voice to create effective, sustainable change throughout our communities.
- Other topics include… Moving Beyond Voice, How to Work with Youth, Learning through Service, New Roles for Young People Throughout Society, Engaging Young People in Social Change, Youth-Led Action, and more.
All our offerings are hands-on, interactive, customizable, research-driven, and experience-proven. We also learning communities focused on youth engagement around the nation. Discover more about the Freechild Institute, and for more information about what we can do for you contact us today.
Connect with CommonAction about Youth Engagement!
- Connect with Freechild on Facebook at https://facebook.com/freechildproject